Resourceful techniques have often helped Mitch Aldinger, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, create clever solutions to obstacles presented by clients. His creativity, along with his knowledge of construction methods and materials, is used to carry out his design projects in an innovative manner.
Mitch’s portfolio is quite varied, including numerous university projects like the Student Union expansion and Harding Hall at South Dakota State University; the Sports Performance Enhancement Complex and Al Neuharth Media Center at the University of South Dakota; and the Surbeck Center renovation at the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology. In addition to higher education work, Mitch also has the ability to take an old building and give it new life. He has completed several historical restoration and renovation projects since joining the firm in 1997.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
- Bachelor of Architecture — University of Kansas
- Kansas City Urban Design Studio — Kansas City, MO
- Registered Architect: South Dakota
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional
- National Council of Architectural Registration Board (NCARB)
- Member, American Institute of Architects
- Member, South Dakota Chapter of USGBC
- Participant, NCARB Cut Score Study
- Past President, American Institute of Architects South Dakota
- Past Chairman, AIA South Dakota Continuing Education Committee
- Past Treasurer, Sioux Falls Architectural Forum
- Downtown Sioux Falls Design Committee Member
- Mark Twain Elementary School Volunteer
- Past Vice President, Preserve South Dakota Board of Directors
- KU School of Architecture Alumni Association
- Past Chairperson, Habitat for Humanity Construction Committee
- Past Member, Board of Building Code Appeals, City of Sioux Falls
- Past Advisor, Architectural Explorer’s Post